NSCFT own and manage one of the two log cabins in Borgie Breco forest. The cabin is available for hire by community groups and for private use. We are always looking to develop the use of the cabin and looking for ideas to make this a better space. In 2022 we made several improvements to the cabin and have set up a community working group of volunteers, Borgie Forest Friends, to help with maintenance and improvements.
- Open plan main room. Suitable for max 30 people. Sofas (9 people)
- 30 chairs & Folding Tables
- Kitchen with cooker, fridge, kettle, toaster, washing machine, microwave, urn & sink
- Wood burning stove for heating with logs provided
- Toilet & shower
- Separate dorm room with 2x bunk beds
- Disabled access, including toilet and shower
- Outdoor picnic tables
Overnight use of the cabin is bookable on a case by case basis. The cabin is not for use as general tourist accommodation, but can be used where accommodation is needed as part of an event, or for local community bookings for special occasions or get-togethers . Please note in your booking details if you wish to stay overnight. Other overnight bookings will be considered if the cabin is not in use.
Reduced rate is available for locally based charities and NSCFT members. Click here for info on joining NSCFT (it’s free!)
|Duration||Local Charity / |
|Private Use / |
|Half day / Evening|
9-1pm, 1pm -5pm, 5pm-9pm
9am – 9pm
|Overnight Use Surcharge|
Terms of Hire
- Hire rate includes the use of the entire cabin.
- Electricity included in rate
- You must clean the cabin after you use it and leave it as you found it. Please move all furniture back to where it was.
- Any damage must be reported and paid for
- The cabin is heated by a woodburning stove with electric heaters only for background heat. It is therefore worth lighting the stove in advance of meetings etc in the colder months.
- There is currently no mobile phone signal at the cabin, but WIFI is available.
- Bedding is not provided. Please bring your own sleeping bag / duvet, pillow and towels for overnight stays.
- The overnight use surcharge is to cover cleaning of the cabin and is a one off fee per booking, no matter how many nights you stay.
If you wish to make an enquiry or discuss your event prior to booking then please fill out this contact form and we’ll be in touch.
Availability & Booking Requests
View available dates below. To make a booking request, click on the day(s) you need, and fill out the form below.
Please include the following in the details section:
- Time of booking
- What your booking is for (e.g. meeting)
- The approximate number of people attending.